Executive Action Documents Checklist

                                                             Click Here to Begin!

These initiatives have not yet been implemented, and USCIS is not accepting any requests or applications at this time. However, certain documents are always necessary for immigration cases, so it is a good idea to start getting them together now. Here are some ideas of documents you may need to apply.

REMEMBER: All documents not in English will have to be translated.

Identity Documents

o Valid expired or unexpired passport from your home country with your picture name, and date of


o Valid government-issued photo identification document;

o Valid birth certificate with photo ID;

o A visa issued by a foreign consulate;

o A national ID document with photo and/or fingerprint.

Family Relationships

o Marriage certificates for your husband or wife.

o Divorce certificate or death certificates of previous husband or wife if you were married before.

o Birth certificates for your children.

Immigration History

See our separate fact sheet on how to obtain copies of your immigration file

o Copies of old immigration applications filed in the past;

o Copies of notices or appointment/hearing letters from INS, USCIS, and immigration court.

Criminal History

See our separate fact sheet on how to obtain copies of your criminal history

o Criminal dispositions for every arrest (obtainable from the criminal court);

o Certificate of conduct from local police department;

o FBI Records

Tax History

o Income tax returns and/or W-2 forms.

o Tax Transcripts which can be obtained from your local IRS office (call 1-800-829-1040).

Physical Presence

You may be required to prove you have been in the United States for a certain period of time. See how

many of these documents you can gather for every year you have been in the United States.

o Marriage certificate(s) if married in the US;

o Divorce decree(s) if divorced in the US;

o Religious records such as baptism, confirmation, and registration certificates;

o Lease/Rental agreements;

o Census records;

o Proof of ownership of real estate (e.g. deed to a home);

o Proof of security deposit payment;

o Dental, hospital, medical vaccination records and bills, and proof of payment;

o INS/DHS Form I-94 arrival/departure record identifying you and your date of admission;

o Other correspondence/notices from INS/DHS identifying and addressed to you;

o Birth certificates of children born in the United States;

o School records, awards, certifications, diplomas, pictures, report cards, yearbooks, etc.

o Valid (expired or un-expired) passport with tamped dates of admission into the US;

o Proof of application for home loan and proof of paying off home loan;

o Proof of purchase of an automobile and payments for automobile and car insurance;

o Automobile and registration, car title, license receipt and Department of Motor Vehicle records;

o Credit card history in the United States (e.g. Visa car, etc.);

o Department of Public Safety records;

o Insurance invoices, claims, policies, and payment of insurance;

o Utility bills such as electricity, gas, heat, sewer, water, etc. and telephone bills;

o Bank records such as bankbooks, statements, cancelled checks, and money order receipts;

o Other dated receipts;

o US Selective Service registration card;

o Postmarked envelopes addressed to you here in the US;

o Photographs of celebrations in the US, preferably with dates marked on them;

o Proof of remittances of money from you here in the US to your family in your home country;

o Paycheck stubs and payroll records;

o Licenses/permits;

o Union records;

o Record of payment of federal, state, and/or local taxes with W-2 forms;

o Social security records;

o Worker’s Comp claim records;

o Proof of any awards, certificates, or commendations received from work;

o Medical records from injuries at work;

o Proof of any classes or vocational training received for work;

o Letters or written notices from employers;

o Postmarked envelopes with your name and address in the United States;

o Notarized affidavits from friends, family members, community members, religious organization

members, or school faculty and staff stating what years they have known you in the United States

(must be notarized and include a copy of the person’s photo ID);

o Notarized letter by yourself stating your presence in the United States on or around June 15,